CBW Permit Info

How to apply for your CBW permit to buy and sell ESA protected wildlife across state lines on the federal level?

One will need to apply for a CBW here:


The current permit process works as follows:

1. Permit fee is $200, new and renewal permits.

2. Permits are valid for 5 year incumbents, and can be renewed once for a total of 10 years. After 10 years, you will be required to submit a new application answering all questions over again.

3. Permit holders are required to submit yearly activity reports, these will be provided as an example when you receive your valid permit.

4. All terms of the permit will need to be followed and kept current to keep your standing valid.

State Laws & Permits

Some states may require additional permits to keep and house tortoises ESA listed or not. be sure to check your state laws. FL dose not require additional permits to buy only to sell. Each state should be handled on a case by case basis.

Buying From Us Out Of State?

We will require from the buyer the following information before any sale of ESA protested species is to take place. In this case radiated tortoises, however permits can be issued for multiple species.

1. We will require a PDF copy of your current valid permit, that is clear and legible with a valid permit number. You can send this by email to [email protected]

2. We will provide you with a valid copy of our permit in return once a sale is to take place.

3. Record will be kept on the transfer date and submitted in the annual report.

Don't Have A Permit Yet?

We will be glad to offer you support in the permit process, please follow the steps at the top to download the needed permit. Once you have completed the application please email us at [email protected] to acquire source info you will need for the permit.

Recently Viewed
No recently views items
Clear All
Newsletter Coastal Silkworms
Copyright © 2002-present Coastal Exotics, Inc. All rights reserved. Mad4Rads®